Well, it looks like my tank is in dire need of a flush. I'm guessing that the trip overseas took a few months (years?) and the tank is full of little rusty bits. No leaks, thankfully. Any ideas on the best way of flushing it out? (It's a Hitachi EX60URG) It looks like the tank would come out fairly easy (except for the large counter weight)
Which tank are you talking about?
what nac said
I cleaned our ex120 w/ a steam jenny. I took the tank off turned it upside down on a fork lift and shot the steam up in it and tried to aim it in every possible direction I could. I swept it out with a shop vac. put it back on and have never had any problems since.
We just removed the fuel tank on our 490D a few weeks ago. Had some rust particles or something plugging up the fuel line before it entered the filter. So removed the tank and took it to a place that cleans tanks and can dispose of the stuff out of the tank legally. Cost was $180. Also replaced all fuel lines, fuel pump since I wasn't sure what could be in it and it was only $50. And the debris in the fuel line was in between the lift pump and filter. After the tank was cleaned I also had a new fuel cap riser welded on the tank since the old one was a little smashed from a tree branch. And since the new riser was threaded and Deere doesn't sell any parts for this other than the whole tank or cap. Put on a Cat twist lock cap and threaded adapter.
Sorry, I was talking about the fuel tank. Any difficulties taking the tank out?