http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/0...asure-that-fell-50-stories/?intcmp=latestnews STUMP KNOCKER
That's too sad. Said his hard hat was in his truck.
I heard this on the radio yesterday, what a shame. Just goes to show it only takes a second.
That trucking company is located about 45 minutes from me, I see the trucks pretty often. What a freak thing to happen
I was grading in between two new houses last week, with guys putting the roof on one of them. I had to stop three different times, twice to pick up a tape, and once to pick up a chalk line. The guy explained to me that the rope to his safety harness always gets fouled on his tool belt and knocks stuff out. As far as the accident reported above goes, I'm not sure a hardhat would be enough to protect against a one pound object falling 50 stories. Sad...
Sounds like it ricocheted off a piece of machinery, we'll never know but a hard hat might have made the difference between fatal and serious concussion. Sad anyway.
I agree landtraxco, I'll take my chances with a hardhat. This is a lesson for all of us to be cautious and prudent while we're working, anything can happen. It doesn't take something like this to take us out, I've been to the ER for much less but I lived to tell the story..