I always try to tell myself ( and others) to " look around before you sit down", before me move the service trucks, spent about an hour cleaning up and loading track press etc. Truck running, shut off, when in house, came back out started it, shut all doors, looked around and jumped in, drove down to house and got out for something and there was one of our dogs lying up by the shop. She must have been in a good food nap after breakfast and I didn't see her under the truck. RIP Lilly.
Sorry to here about your loss Overworked. Hopefully your reminder here on HEF will help others prevent a loved one (of all types) from such a sad fate. I do thank you for your reminder...
Sorry to read that happened overworked. Have done it myself.
Yeah, I hate that for you. I once saw my favorite cat sitting in the driveway, pulled my service truck past it and backed in. I never dreamed he'd just sit there and watch me back in, but as soon as I felt the bump, I knew what it was. Made me feel terrible.
Hate that overworked . Got a few of my favorite buddy's when we would pull out of the dive way headed to a job site . They all seem to want to hang around us & chase after vehicles . Left the shop around 5 am one morning with the crane and the little dachshund decided he was going to follow the Grove all the way to town . LOL . I stopped the rig about two miles from the shop & got out of the cab . Picked up a few pieces of gravel off the road & slung it at him . He finally went back home . They all want in on the action . Got to love them as they will never talk bad about ya and always happy to see you when you get home. They don't call them man's best friend for nothing .
+1 Sorry, Overworked.
Sorry man. I lost my lab back in April to Lyme disease. Worst hurt I ever had, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Thanks guy's, sometimes it's the little things we overlook in our busy lives, MikeL, we lost a lab a few years ago to Lyme, hard to watch, farm next door lost a Shepard same season, gotta treat them, be safe. Overworked
So sorry for your loss. Our pups are such wonderful companions.
So sorry for you loss Overworked. Our dogs become family members and better than some family members. It's been a week today that we had to put down our beloved Sugar of 14 years. She was diagnosed with melanoma in April of '13. She was treated with chemotherapy and surgery at Auburn University's Animal Hospital and lived another 18 months. The usual lifespan is 3-6 months after diagnosis. She was my best friend and went everywhere she could go with the wife and I. The pain is raw and the void left is huge. There are pictures of her scattered around on HEF - in the truck and on job sites. RIP
My dad taught me that years ago here on the farm. He was scared to death of a kid getting run over. When I was home on leave I went to go someplace and did the walk around not realizing that my 3 year old son was following behind. Once the 360 was done I got in my pickup and stated to leave and ran over his legs. There was a spot of soft sand that he had sat down in to plat and I got both his legs. Thankfully his age and the soft sand saved him from serious injury and he was only bruised. On the way home from the emergency room my wife was talking to him and told him that he couldn't play in the driveway. Now I had been doing some work for my dad and had been driving in the yard some. He told my wife that "daddy can't drive in the yard". Sorry about your dog. Can be hard to loose a good one. Rick
My heart's with you. Lost a good one to a stormy day and a bushog recently myself. Wasn't a pretty sight, and tough on us all. Bless you.
So sorry to hear this. Our dogs (2 Shelties) are my babies; I can't image your loss and how your family feels. An older gentleman once told me that, "Dogs have a special place in Heaven".