My final drive started grinding and then something sheared off before we could get it loaded. It had grease packed in it.....so someone half assed something in it before I guess. I can't get plate off that has the drain plugs in it. But I can see gears in there flopping around. Anyone have a parts diagram of this drive?? I have searched net and can't find anything. Thanks !
Wow,, nobody knows anything about this?
Thats a bummer you kept on driving it while grinding. When the other side goes out, drive on the working side and use the swing and stick Not sure about this model but their probably is a plug on the housing, remove that and there should be some lock wire that gets pulled out. The wire sits in a groove around the plate and the inside of the housing to hold it in
I have just recently gone through a similar final drive failure. More like a final drive bomb went off inside the casing. Final drives on my machine are HY-DASH. Complicated, pricey to replace, and filled with all kind of shiny bits and pieces that roll off the bench when you start your disassemble. Not sure who the manufacturer of your drive but with a little more info and a pic or two might be helpful. I did a lot of on-line searching and came up with a few places that sold parts/pieces or complete units.
Like Mike said, there is a wire in the groove, it looks like an o-ring at first glance. There are the two plugs on the front, and one on the outside of the housing. (Mine was packed with dirt, so I missed it the first time around.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIEFdUXaWak Mine was a TB 25 but the video should give you an idea. On the down side, it sounds like if its been greased, you are already in trouble. With mine I was able to file everything up and get the busted stuff out. I filled it back up with 90w and it worked again.