Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB 135 Case Drain Line Addition

Heavy Chevy ยท 2019-09-06 21:27

I have a TB 135 with a thumb attachment that all works fine; however, I am looking into purchasing a 28" RUT Mfg Tree Mulcher attachment. I still want to use my thumb which I can by getting an additional attachment that will allow me to flip a switch and it will change the flow of hydraulic fluid from the mulcher to the thumb; however, I will need to add a case drain line (return line) back to my hydraulic tank to keep from blowing the seal in the mulcher. My question is can I tap into one of the lines shown in my picture as a return line? I can't remember if these lines are all return lines or not....but if any of them are and I think so, can I just T into the plug where it goes to the tank as the new case drain line? OR, can I tap into the line where it comes out of a valve closer to the front? Of course this is an old picture before i reinstalled the engine.

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2019-09-07 01:48

    Good day According to the schematic all of those lines are considered to be case drain, so I believe you are safe to use those. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Heavy Chevy2019-09-07 22:19

    Hello Uffex, Thanks so much for that info. I looked at them today and believe once I get a "T" made, I will be able to tie in to one of those lines. Thanks again!

  3. #3BikeRider502023-06-02 22:03

    When you hooked the case drain hose to T1 did that work?

  4. #4Heavy Chevy2023-06-02 23:56

    Yes, it worked like a champ. I believe I traced the T1 line to an easier spot to tap into but it worked great. I have since sold that machine and upgraded but I did the same thing on the TB240. Was a little easier as the tank had more access ports.

  5. #5Heavy Chevy2023-06-02 23:58

    Yes it worked like a champ....I believe I traced the T1 to an easier spot to tap and worked great!