I have been restoring a partially burned up 2004 TB135 excavator. The fire burned up the engine, wiring harness and about 25 hydraulic hoses. I have just replaced the hoses, electrical system and dropped the engine back in. I haven't hooked the hydraulic pump back to the engine yet as I want to run the engine some more and make sure the oil and coolant gauges are working properly. Two big questions 1) I have not hooked the wiring harness to the engine to start it yet but started it using my jewelry rig. Can I hook the harness up and start the engine without installing the hydraulic pump without fear of damaging the harness in some way? I am pretty confident that I can but the 1% of doubt is making me ask before I have an "Aw ****" moment. 2) Once I install the hydraulic pump and hook all the hoses to it, fill up the hydraulic tank, what should be the procedure I should follow to charge the system for the first time in about two years and not cavitate the pump while bleeding all the air out?
Good day HC Providing the hydraulic pumps are disconnected from the power unit I cannot see any adverse effect to the wiring loom, as with all hydraulic pumps when you initially commission these it should be after fluid is bled to the output lines (Leave disconnected until the fluid is visible) when you start the machine let it run slow for twenty minutes with the relief valves backed off. The inevitable is that some contamination will happen at low pressure it is more likely too flush through ti the filters and not damage the components - gradually increase the engine speed and the adjust the valves to factory settings. I hope it helps Kind regards Uffex
Good Morning Uffex and thanks for the info. I will disconnect all output lines and run them to a clean bucket to see what comes thru. As far as the relief valves, I'm not familiar with them or locations so looks like i'm gonna have to do some more research. Do you unscrew them? What special tool or tools do I need to reset to factory settings? I do have the service and parts manuals. Respectfully, HC
Good day HC The only relief valve you have to back of is that for the small gearwheel pump (Pilot System) its located on the block with the accumulator Pump 1-2-3 show that the relief valves are not adjustable you have to replace those if they fail. I suggest don't worry about catching fluid in a bucket those parts that may damage components are invisible to the human eye. Instructions on bleeding see page 100 in the manual just run it for twenty minutes or so before you try to use it. Reset the pilot pressure to 34 bar - 485 p.s.i. with full engine speed. Kind regards Uffex
Good Evening Uffex, My shop manual must be a different book than the one you are referencing....I imagine it has the same info but I need to hone in on what I'm looking for reference the valve location. Is it on the actual pump? see pics. Respectively, HC
Hello Uffex, I think I may have found what you are referring too; however, I don't see where you say that P1-3 are not adjustable. See additional pics attached. Also, what happens if I don't back any of these valves off and let the engine run as you say for 20 mins?
Good day HC Your information is more applicable to your machine than that of my one but you are correct in the information you present, I cannot see the adjuster in your photo because it is on the blind side. If you can copy the Hydraulic circuit schematic and send it to me I will be able to give you better support in the future. Kind regards Uffex
Hello Uffex, Ok, once I get a chance I will send schematic; however, right now I'm trying to solve another issue with the stop solenoid not functioning properly before I get to the hydraulic pump.