Hey there, in light of some recent events, I've come to the conclusion my employees have been negligently maintaining my equipment in which has resulted in a 9k $$ bill repairing a Takeuchi TL8 with only 600 hrs on it. My TB 260 is basically brand new less than 100 hours on it and I want to keep it in tip top shape. We own a Swimming Pool Business, so we are not using and abusing the equipment on a daily basis by piling hours on them. That said, I am putting together a checklist for daily/weekly/monthly inspections and services that I'm going to start making the guys sign off on and I am looking for advice on how other businesses insure their equipment is being maintained properly when the guys paying for it aren't on the job. I'm looking for a reference point where I could find all the grease fittings on the TB260 so i can provide it to all my guys. I would hope they all know where they are, however at this point I have little faith in them.
What neglect could possibly lead to a $9k repair? It not like Takeuchi sold you a machine with a defective air cleaner can that led to oil blowing out of the breather at 502 hours. Been there.
Re ring engine full service new injector installed have injectors tested new high pressure pump installed flush fuel tank total $9355.75
You could start with the operator's manual. Couldn't find a TB260 manual, but, this is from a TB219
tractor was running completely fine one day, the next day the guys went to the job said the skid steer wouldn't crank. no water in water separator. hit the air filter with just a hit of starting fluid and cranked right up and ran fine, loaded it up on the trailer and carried it to Cobb County Tractor. My Takeuchi Dealer I've bought our machines from and where its been the last three weeks with no luck on a solid diagnostics. They tested the compression and said cylinder 1 was around 460, 2 was 430, 3 was 400, and 4 was 390. He started off saying it was a bad engine all together. Then decided to send the injectors off to have tested thinking it was getting a false reading. In the mean time he was trying to tell me the starting fluid was what caused this, but i used it once AFTER it wouldn't crank. Then they replace the bad injector and calls back says well we replaced the injector but now we can't even get it to crank with starting fluid. I said yall best not be putting any starting fluid to my machine, I heard from a shade tree mechanic you'll blow the engine that way! He didnt think it was as funny as I did.
I think I wouldn't be taking my equipment somewhere else, sounds like they are not real competent 3 weeks! And its still not running!!! For $9000 grand!!!!
Sorry that's supposed to be "would"
Should not use starting fluid in new diesel engine, do the guy know anything about engine preheat ?? Do you check the fuel tank, maybe that guy pour in gasoline into the tank..
Just tell your guys this, every joint that moves has a grease fitting, find it and grease it!! I have a TB260 and the manual states to grease every grease fitting either daily or every 10 hours. The slew bearing is the only one that gets greased every 50 hours. The operators manual for the TB260 is quite thorough, you should have one of those and leave it in the machine, you can earmark important pages with a paperclip. Also, if you're not fueling the machines with a fuel-cell with a filter on it in the back of a pick up, it sounds like your fuel cans are dirty or getting water in them.
I cant see a reason anyone in Ga needs ether. Nothing good comes that junk. It sounds to me like you got bad fuel, someone put junk in your tank, gasoline was added. If you lost compression I would check the air filter. As for greasing the excavator. The biggest suggestion I can give other than making sure everyone knows where all the zerks are is get a battery powered grease gun. It is amazing how much things get greased when they don't have to work hard to get it done.