Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB135 Drive motor not shifting

elkjunkie ยท 2018-08-07 10:43

This machine has excellent rabbit speed on one track and none on the other. works fine in turtle. I loosened the shift port hose on the motor and got charged flow when I depressed the rabbit button. Do I need to pull the drive? there does not seem to be a removable plate on the back of this motor for the 2-speed circuit. There are some hex screws that I havent messed with. Thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1tantoy2018-08-07 21:59

    What year tb135? Hours?

  2. #2elkjunkie2018-08-07 22:09

    2006 I think with 7K hrs.

  3. #3heymccall2018-08-07 22:10

    Just had a TB180FR with a crushed hose, between the belly pan and a crossmember. Could it be that simple?

  4. #4bmckenzie2018-08-08 09:31

    Check out my thread on tb135 final drive problems

  5. #5elkjunkie2018-08-08 15:19

    Thanks guys- I have searched and read threads on this issue wich lead me to check case drain. Rondig mentioned some pressure testing although I still need to identify ports, plugs, and relief valves. TCM brought up the drive motor swashplate wich I need to investigate further. As it turned out I checked the supply for the 2 speed shift instead of case drain. It would seem my problem is in the motor judging from my 2 speed shift flow increase to the motor in question; and the fact that it seems to run fine in low speed.

  6. #6elkjunkie2018-08-23 22:23

    So I pulled the motor. I'm guessing the large plugs are reliefs. I can split the motor removing seven bolts but there are multiple plugs I wanted to ID first. So far I think the ports are: Red- 2 speed shift White- case drain Black- drive flow

  7. #7elkjunkie2018-08-23 22:34
  8. #8elkjunkie2018-08-24 23:27

    well the motor is apart. The shift port will not clear under pressure or vacuum. I think the the shift actuator is in the bottom right of pic 2 between the 2 small ports. The center is rough, perhaps some extension broke off?