Running machine clearing brush. Was pushing on a tree and heard a loud pop. Lost hydraulic power on one cyclinder. All others work fine. Was able to extend the cyclinder but not retract it. Some fluid leaking from the seal of the cyclinder. No apparent broken hoses of fittings. Pump appears normal. Any ideas????
Sounds like you might have lost the piston off the rod on that cylinder, which cylinder was it, stick?
If you can, carefully retract the cylinder by hand or with a ratchet strap etc. Then move the valve to "retract", if it extends in retract, then lantraxco's right. Don't mess around with it and risk sending little bits of metal further through the system than they already are.
I went ahead and pulled the cyclinder off. Will take it in for tear-down rebuild tomorrow. Hope its an easy fix.
Well, hope I was right now that you're that far, but that's about the only thing that makes sense at this point.
Thanks for the help. I love the internet! The rod has stripped off the piston. All fixed now, and good as new.
Glad you got it fixed!