Hello, I have a pretty substantial hydraulic oil leak somewhere inside the large bearing area where the house rotates on the car body. (hope these terms are correct). I don't think it has to do with the manifold for the track drive because that is open to the bottom. I also don't think it is the swing motor because that hydraulic oil would have to travel into the planetary drive first and that gear oil level has not risen. There is a small hyd motor directly under the boom pivot pin that has four lines going to it......is that a swing brake or swing lock? Anybody have some guidance for me?
Small "hydraulic motor" that you're referring too has got to be the top side of the rotary manifold...? I think it would have to be in you're swing motor other wise you see oil all over the frame below the swing motor and control valve. Swing motor is the only way to get into bearing assembly you're referring too unless the plate right below the boom is off?
Ok. After looking at it, that is the top of the rotary manifold. I guess I don't understand how hyd fluid is getting into the circle from the swing motor. In the parts break down that I was looking at, the hyd oil would have to travel through the planetary gears in order to get below and into the circle. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I'll keep digging. Anyone have a service manual that would help me out? Thanks a bunch.
Near as I can tell the hyd oil from the swing motor would have to go through the planetary gears in order to get down to the swing gear on the circle. I'll look again but when I checked the gear oil for the planetary gears the level was not overfull and did appear to be gear oil.........I must be missing something.
Hi bflobil the planetary gears have a final shaft whit a gear this shaft have and seal this seal maybe is damage amd the oil goes tru.
Hey all, looks to me that the rotary manifold must be what is leaking at the swivel between the car body an the house. I'm not certain yet but I did find the planetary drive low on gear oil.......dimple on dipstick held oil to make it look in the operating range. I added a couple of quarts to get it in the operating range. I'll let you know what I find when I get it tore apart......might be a few days though. ITAMECHCH61.....read,spell? You may be right though...reason low oil in planetary is seal to final shaft.....I tink thts wat u sain.
If it is hydraulic oil it is most likely your rotary manifold that is leaking. If the shaft seal on your swing motor is leaking it would fill the swing gear housing with hydraulic oil and would have to push the planetary seal and the gear oil out before the hydraulic oil could reach the swing bearing area. It's possible but not as likely as the rotary leaking. It looks like you're on the right track but I would put oil in the planetary first and watch it before tearing anything apart.
ITAMECHCH61......I have to apologize....you do better with a second language than I gave you credit for a first language. My bad.....Please don't hold my previous comments against me.
Thanks "excavator". That is what I have been toiling with the last few days, couldn't figure out how hyd oil was making it through the planetary without overfilling it. It has to be the upper seal in the rotary manifold. Especially after finding out that the planetary was actually low on gear oil.
It was the upper dust seal on the rotary manifold that went bad causing the main o-ring(packing) to fail. The oil was pushing out and into the swing drive area and then out the bearing between the house and the track frame. Got it back together but I am losing gear oil out the bottom of the swing drive now.....I think its has been occurring for a while. I'll tear into that tomorrow I guess. $5000 for a new swing drive.....I think I'll just reseal it.