Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB135 strength test

GFMotorsports ยท 2013-03-18 22:39

This is a 2200lb boulder my machine picked up with surprisingly not much trouble. Not sure if that's impressive or not so perhaps I'd ask. Placed it at the mouth of a culvert as a retaining wall for rip rap.

Replies10
  1. #1lectro882013-03-19 23:34

    I'm with you, I've had my 135 for 3yrs. And observers and even sometimes myself as well as I know this machine sometimes it just wows me too. Sure beats a shovel and pic.

  2. #2GFMotorsports2013-03-20 12:55

    162 views...1 reply! This is a genuine brag post here jeez!

  3. #3Pixie2013-03-20 20:50

    Cool ! I got to know...how did you figure out what it weighed ?

  4. #4GFMotorsports2013-03-20 20:52

    Pay by the weight of boulder.

  5. #5Pixie2013-03-20 21:03

    I live in the Granite State...can't imagine buying rocks. Might pay to get rid of a few.... I looked it up. Granite weighs 168 pounds per cubic foot.

  6. #6Scrub Puller2013-03-20 21:29

    Yair . . . Dunno mate, thats just what excavators do isn't it? . . . they pick stuff up, if it was too heavy it wouldn't . . . no big deal. Cheers.

  7. #7GFMotorsports2013-03-20 22:38

    Party pooper^^^^^^^^

  8. #8Canuck Digger2013-03-21 23:32

    I ain't no old timer, nor do I want to wee wee on your parade, but I honestly don't think that boulder is anywhere near 2,200lbs. STILL IMPRESSIVE, and yes, it is unreal what the "little" machines can do. Did you try and move the boulder over the tracks and all the way out? Over the blade they can lift a lot. I think my JD50 is speced at some crazy number over the blade like 5k lbs..........

  9. #9GFMotorsports2013-03-26 10:21

    Yeh I had the boom almost extended all the way to the bottom on the ravine to place the rock. And yes I paid by the # and it was exactly 2186. So yeh it's heavy.

  10. #10excavatorware2013-03-26 12:17

    Rule of thumb is that an excavator can lift half it's weight right in front of the blade. TB135 = 7800 lbs approx. should be able to lift 3900 lbs in that position.