Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cabin wobbles

langehaas ยท 2013-03-15 13:59

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I am Dutch, live in France and I own a 1990 Peljob EB12 1.5t mini digger, I've had it for 2 years. It is a very old machine, but I just keep it well greased and hope for the best! I don't think anyone on here will be familiar with the make (Peljob was bought by Volvo, they later came out with model EB12.4 with looks similar, but has the joystick controls). Maybe someone with knowledge of 20+ year old machines can point me in the right direction... I have noticed the cabin wobbles a bit, not just horizontally, but also up and down (about 1cm or half an inch when you "rock" the cabin). I took away some of the panels today, but I couldn't see what would cause this. I noticed the 6 bolts that hold down the motor that turns the cabin where all loose, I fastened those but didn't notice much difference. any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1lumberjack2013-03-15 15:27

    Worn out slew bearing?

  2. #2mikebramel2013-03-15 18:53

    I like the first reply. Get a dial indicator and mount it to the lower or upper chassis. Put the needle on the opposite side of the machine. Work the boom up and down.

  3. #3maddog2013-03-15 19:14

    I'd also have to agree with Lumberjack, but I good easily be wrong never having been around a Peljob

  4. #4joispoi2013-03-16 09:41

    Welcome langehaas. I've spent some time in a peljob eb12.4. They're solid little machines, If the whole turntable assembly is moving, it's a good indication that the slew bearing is bad. An eb12 with a worn slew bearing may be worth about 4,000 euros to the right buyer. The cost of a jcb 1.4 with under 2,000 hrs is anywhere from 6-8,000 euros. Keep that in mind when adding up the cost of parts.

  5. #5langehaas2013-03-16 13:03

    Thanks for the replies. It seems to be the slew bearing, I've checked the bolts but they are all tight... I will just take it easy and hope it keeps going a couple more years. (I normally only put 100hrs or so on it a year) joispoi, maybe you're the guy I bought it from 2 years ago because 4000 is exactly what I paid for it. I may look for the part when it stops working but I already know it won't be worth it! Thanks again

  6. #6joispoi2013-03-17 02:30

    Langehaas, I've never owned or sold a peljob.