I've got a TB180FR, later serial number, 1784****, that randomly shuts off. Looking at the 4TNV98-ZQTBZ engine, I see a 729938-51320 fuel injection pump, MP4 ECO II. It doesn't have a stop solenoid like my plain old MP4 pumps. It has a combined rack actuator/ stop solenoid. Damned thing will fire up and run long enough to get on the trailer, then it shuts off. To restart, it has to sit for at least 15 minutes. Or not? Though maybe the tach signal from the alternator was iffy, so, swapped out alternator. No joy. Any ideas? Can the rack actuator be swapped without anything special? It does have a tamper screw on one flange? Can the engine protection be taken offline by placing two terminals together? (Like on my TL150 machines) I have the early TB180FR shop manual, but, not the later. Can codes be retrieved if it only has the analog monitor and idiot lights?
Wish I could help but they musta came out with that after I quit working on them.??
It has this pump And, looking at the wiring diagram, 3 pins are for rack, and 2 for stop solenoid.
Going out to start checking everything. Does the 12v disappear? Does the coil open after short interval? Could a relay be failing, with cold solder joints, like on TL130 and TL150 machines?
It sounds to me like some kind of self protective kill switch activation, maybe from an oil press. sensor gone bad?
Having 9 Takeuchi machines, and their schematics, that was the first place I went. Both oil pressure and water temp sensors check out. And, I've bypassed each one for this diagnostic. On my TL150 machines, you can connect two terminals together to take the system offline, but those have detector units (the ones that my other threads show being resoldered). This machine doesn't have the bypass available, AFAIK. Right now, my biggest question is whether the stop relay is energized at key ON and during operation. The relay is 12V ignition with the ECM grounding it. I'm tempted to pull the relay and jumper the 30 to 87, but, I dont wanna burnt out the $800 rack actuator/ stop solenoid that supposedly requires reprogramming when swapped out. Same thing with swapping the Yanmar ECM from my other Tier 3 TB180FR. I do know that if you unplug the rack actuator/ stop solenoid, it won't even crank. Before I bypass that relay, though, I will integrity test the harness from the relay to the stop solenoid. Unfortunately, the stop solenoid terminals are miniscule and the machine is ten pound of **** in a 7 pound container.
The other question on my mind is can I plug a PV101 Powerview in and retrieve codes and data? And, if I borrow it from my Vst powered tree chipper, will it need reprogrammed on the Yanmar, and then back on the Cat.
Figures...Powerview uses a Deutsche and the Yanmar has a AMP. Picking up a new powerview to try on Tuesday.
I don't know all the vagaries of it, but you should be able to splice whatever cable from the diagnostic connector that you need. I might be able to help if you have questions. LMK how the Powerview works out. I have been thinking on it for a while now.