Hello all, my 305.5 ecr was working fine not showing any signs or what not and bam....Nothing!! Both joysticks and peddles for the tracks are dead no responces! The security bar has voltage through it and is feeding the solenoid. I have yet to check the pressure in the lines but does anyone have any insight on this problem? Thank you for your responses and your advice.
It could be the lock out lever solenoid or your rubber coupling between the pump and motor has failed. Did you happen to smell anything before it quit?
I was thinking the lock out lever solenoid because the machine only has 2100 hours for the rubber coupling to have failed would be strange. How can I test the solenoid? I know its getting the right voltage when I drop the lock out lever in the cab, I have 12.2 volts right before the solenoid.
How about a Serial Number, then we can look up some technical information that is relevant to your particular machine. There are 11 different models of 305.5E.
The serial number is FKY02879....11 of them....thats a lot of room for error!!! That's how it goes I guess. I am pulling the pump out today....well know what it is soon I hope.
Before you do that......... The manifold where the lockout solenoid valve is located houses another identical solenoid for travel speed select. Why not try switching the two.? EDIT: Don't be fooled by the slight difference in Part Number, the only physical difference is in the electrical connector that you might have to McGiver temporarily for the purposes of a test. Otherwise they are both the same. The only reason the connectors are different is to avoid the two solenoids ever being hooked up to the harness back asswards......
Lots of things to check before that.
where tat coupling is exactly?
Between the engine and the implement pump.
is it big piece or just like oring my joisticks don't respond
I replaced one solenoid because was blowing fuse but still doesn't work no tracks no movement
It’s a lot bigger than an o-ring. You really need to start doing some diagnostics. For example does the implement lockout function operate correctly.? What led up to the problem you have now.? Slow deterioration of operation to the point it will not work or suddenly like flicking a switch.? Also - post a Serial Number
We was using jack hammer and just stopped out of nowhere engine runs fuses fine solenoids ok after moving safety lever down no response no boom no tracks no blade
Failing like that has all the indications of a coupling but......... Have you checked that the switch on the safety lever is functioning correctly and supplying power to the solenoid.? Again to find detailed information requires your machine Serial Number.
DMY01848 serial switch has power wiring have constantly 14.4 v either switch is on or off
I have solenoid out and when I start machine pokes pin out then when I move safety down it’s stays out I think it should get back inside that solenoid either way safety on or off solenoid pin is out when I turn engine off it goes back in
I will send you the electrical schematic. Watch your messages. When you move the implement lock lever the switch under it should close and supply battery power on wire P977-Pink to both the neutral start relay and to the Hydraulic Lock Solenoid. The first thing you should do is check that.
For some reason there is power on it regardless if switch is on or off
Power on what.? The solenoid or the switch.? If you are measuring on wire 308 Yellow (input) at the switch it will always be live provided the key is in the ON position. Turn the key OFF and 308 YL should no longer be live. If that is the case then on the face of it the switch is bad. You should start your troubleshooting there first.
Power is on the solenoid wiring no matter if switch is on or off both solenoids are powered
We're only talking about one solenoid (hydraulic lock) here. The power to it comes straight from the switch. 1. Try measuring voltage with the key OFF, specifically on wire P977-PK. You should have no power. 2. Go to the switch (snip in post #17) above. Disconnect it from the harness and test continuity through the switch with it in both "safe" and "live" positions. If the switch does not go open when the safety lever is in the "Safe" position then it is bad and should be replaced before moving further. Part Number is 267-7058. If the switch is not working the machine is permanently "hydraulically live" all the time the engine is running. Dangerous..........
Checker traced electrical wiring and electrical part is ok I guess is time to get to that rubber coupling now I keep you posted what I discovered when I open it
Bc that when whine is running that pump should be running also at least making some working noise and what I see isn’t making any hydraulic sound of operation as well as not getting warm I’m assuming there is no motion in that part
That sounds like another reason to suspect the coupling has failed.
You can unbolt the pilot pump crank engine and see if spline coupling is turning inside
UPDATE: that was a coupling that rubber coupling as soon I removed a pump I’ve seen it moving way too freely
Here are some pictures new one and old one I didn’t remove weight I removed a seat so I could jack up engine then I suppressed from under and managed to remove a pump and that heavy ass cover to get to it and is actually a plastic not a rubber I ordered same from caterpillar but then I found better upgraded online that has much more plastic in a place where it usually snaps enjoy guys my is running like was when I got it now 3 days with basic tools crowbar and 3 strap belts done
Good job. All you have left to do now is get the implement safety lever working the way it should do, for the sake of the operator and whoever may be working on the ground around the machine.