I've got a loose wire I'm trying to identify. It looks like this part of the wiring harness is coming from the water pump and passing by the alternator as shown in the picture. The loose/cut wire looks to be green with yellow stripe, similar to the wire coming from the alternator plug with green/yellow. The temperature gauge in the cabin doesn't work, this may be related. I've looked in the manuals, but have come up short. It's tempting to say it may be related to the alternator wire of similar color, but that may be a dangerous idea too. Does anyone have a similar machine they can compare on or does anyone know what this wire is? 2008 Takeuchi TB235
From the service manual, the green with a yellow tracer on that section of the harness should go to the coolant temp sensor. Look around the base for the coolant hose in that picture( around thermostat). There's should be 1 coolant temp switch, and 1 coolant temp sensor.
Green w/yellow is definitely temperature sensor to drive gauge. You'll have to split the loom going down from the alternator to find the chassis side. As stated above, the other end goes to the thermostat housing.
Thanks so much for the help ya'll! I referenced the parts manual (sounds like you may have a service manual that I don't) to find the Thermo Sensor and Thermo Switch; the dangling wire was meant to be connected to the Thermo Sensor (it was clearly disconnected/broken from this). I'm still working to diagnose the temp gauge in the cab. Before I fixed this it did not work, but it did alarm when the engine over heated. I'll continue with continuity test to ensure I don't have a short in the wire from the sensor to the gauge; I suppose after that I can see about swapping out the sensor itself. Thanks again for the help, appreciate ya!