Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TC/Gear issue on Michigan Clark 55B

joer00 ยท 2017-11-07 17:57

Hi, I completely rebuild a Michigan Clark 55B. It run strong in short uses but now I started some serious job to remove trees with a root rake. After about 1.5 hours I loose power and the machine is inoperable. It would move slow with full power, but unusable. I shut it down, and after less than 5 minutes wait and restart it worked again perfectly for about 10-1 5 minutes. I first thought its a TC issue but looking at the shaft, on full power after a few feet of movement the shaft suddenly spins fast. I am no expert but this looks to me like a clutch pressure issue . EVERYTHING was overhauled, the TC, the whole gearbox (even new drums) new charge pump, new hoses. The pressure regulating valve I just replaced the inner piston and spring. Any reason why this could maybe stuck after more than 1 hour of work and not giving enough pressure for the clutches ? Any other ideas ? I do not have a pressure or thermometer but all hoses from and to the TC I can hold with my hand, so I don't think the TC overheats.

Replies2
  1. #1mikebramel2017-11-09 21:54

    You'll have to check the line pressure. Sounds like when it gets warm something in the controls is sticking as the oil thins out

  2. #2joer002020-10-27 12:30

    Fixed, dirty high pressure filter and very dirty suction screen on the gearbox.