Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TCI BladeMor Grader Issues

dpginc ยท 2025-03-13 12:11

Hello, I just purchased a BladeMor Grader from my neighbor, Maintainer, 2cly Air Cooled Diesel. Been setting for a year or two, I got it running. The problem is the hydro-static drive will only move it in reverse and not forward. Topped off Hydro Fluid. All other functions work. Not sure what to do at this point? I saw it running and working a year or so ago. If anyone has any advice or knows someone in the Colorado Springs area that might be able to help me. Happy to pay for help, I am not a free loader, just out of my expertise range. I would like to tow it 2 mile to my house but afraid of damaging the drives. Thanks David - Ariston Speed Shop

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-03-16 03:09

    I'd check the linkage to the hydrostat pump and see if something is blocking it or is binding.

  2. #2dpginc2025-03-16 16:31

    Thanks for the reply Dave, Yea I did that already, good and secure. Thinking of getting the wheels off the ground and see if I can get them to turn under power, maybe get valve or what ever to start opening up. If I do then I will drain system and put in new filter. Grader has spent too much time just sitting around. Thinking about it it might be good idea to undue the linkage and test it by hand.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-03-16 20:16

    Not sure how the direction arm goes on the hydrostat pump. Some have a pinch bolt and a roll pin. If just a pinch bolt maybe the arm is slipping on the shaft. Maybe you can try and turn the shaft by hand right at the pump. Something might be a little stuck preventing the shaft turning in the forward position and turning the shaft with a vice grip or something similar will free it up. An easier option might be to remove the linkage at the control arm and work the arm back and forth.

  4. #4dpginc2025-03-17 09:16

    Will try that, thanks for the advice