Hi Folks, I thought I posted this question awhile ago, but I can't find it anywhere, so please forgive if it's a repeat. I have a TCM FG20N6 forklift. Yeah I know, it's a cheap POJ but it runs and works, and does what I need it to do... mostly. It has an "automatic" trans with forward, neutral and reverse, pretty simple machine. What I would like to do is make it geared down lower. I use it to move machines in and out of my shop, and my door is about 6" - 8" below grade out to the alley behind the building, so pulling stuff out, I have to really gun it to give it enough power to pull up that grade. So, I want more power (I know, don't we all), and I'm willing to sacrifice speed. It has a little Nissan H20 engine, converted to propane. Runs just fine, but it's not quite right for me. I like everything else about it, just the gearing / power issue bugs me. This has been a problem for a few years, so it's not exactly an emergency. I'd like to hear your thoughts!
No replies yet.