yesterday we had a tug-of-war between the td-18 known as DUALLY and the d6 9u known as THE HOOD. it was equal because the two cats pulled the same and no cat won. xena was on THE HOOD and i was on DUALLY plus xena friend justinia took the pictures. lots of black smoke from both cats. thansk KoO Published Author
That's great... But are we 100% sure that the superior operator on the Cat did not affect the outcome? This is the type of information brought to light in post-competition investigations.....:drinkup
I agree. Looking at the pic; after post-competition investigation, it seems DUALLY had a slight "downgrade advantage", yet didn't prevail? Hmmm.
thansk guys, i think the real test will be when i hook 4 sleighs to each cat and see who can handle the sleighs the best. another picture to test you guys with. thansk KoO Published Author
Td-18 and d6 9u tug-of-war: Does kinda look that way... but THE HOOD has a dozer and a winch... :cool2 Maybe DUALLY has a winch too... can't tell from the picture. OCR...
ocr, DUALLY came with a winch for when he worked in the summer pulling a scraper. the winch was one of the first things i removed when i got the cat to the KINGDOM. i need a light fast winter freighting cat with no extra weight. here is a couple of more pictures. thansk KoO Published Author
Thank you KoO... :thumbsup OCR...
I can hear DUALLY barking in the crisp, still air from here, KoO. Beautiful pictures, a bit different from the wind and dust here. Rn'R.
Them old 18s can take a final out real quick be carefull.
I know it's an old thread but I just ran across it and had a question......Where and Why are you "freighting" all that snow? maybe it is a hot comodity in california but in CA I wouldnt think there would be much demand....lol Pj
i'm sure the snow is just what fell on the trailer, not what they are hauling.
I wouldnt be so sure about that, I've heard of some CA snow selling for as much as $75/ton in saudi arabia,.....maybe he's hauling it to the port of Galviston TX or something? might wanna trade out the Skis for wheels when he gets a little farther south tho....IMO Pj
$75/ton in arabia?...... I wonder if they'd trade a ton of snow for a ton of diesel? .......i'm thinking they would! if he was hauling snow he'd have that trailer packed! u can tell it is natural snow fall.
maybe he didnt want to overload the sleigh,I can tell by the pictures that its only a 9 ton sleigh.....or the DOT was in the area? you do bring up a good point tho, he could be taking it to trade for deisel but he will at least need some side boards or it will all fall off the trailer, I tried hauling diesel one time on a flatbed truck....i put 200 gal on and only made it to the jobsite with about a 1/2 gal or so....not a verry good idea! next time I will try putting the fuel in a trash bag or something Pj
ha ha ha............. i've hauled more diesel to the job site in 5 gallon cans that anything else i think.........but then i work in some pretty remote spots doing ditching where the only thing that'll go down the ditch is my landrover or a 4 wheeler.