Couple of big old green lizards I encountered at the Hume Highway by-pass at Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia, back in 1993. Although the hue of green wasn't correct, the machine in the foreground having Cummins power(blasphemy), and the other machine minus her rear 8V71T, it was a good find. I think they were due for the big job in the sky though, as they were pretty tired looking.
I will try again with images of the TS-32's.
Okay, here are the mighty TS-32's.
Not many of those left anymore. Good find.
That's neat, thanks for posting the pics :drinkup
Keystone TS-32B Apologise for the quality of the image, but a rare lizard indeed. Queensland, Australia. 1999.
LOL I rolled one of those off a slope, it came to a stop with the tires pointing the wrong way. So the foreman pulls up and says "are you ok!!" I say "yes " He then say get in the truck there warming up another one for you in the yard. Over the years I have learn to hate those machines however running those green lizards put food on the table and money in the bank.
I have 5 TS-24's for sale in eastern PA.Call me at 215-669-1252 Mike Durkin
A pair of push me pull me pans
I ran a TS-32 for a couple of hours while working for Perini up in Alaska. Being a TS-24 Fan, I couldn't wait to get on the TS-32. Four passes later, I couldn't wait to get off of it. Air over Hdy controls "ate my breakfast". and the ride about knocked the fillings out of my teeth. Even with the big engines front and back, it didn't have enough power to get out of the way. In the cut, I was actually embarassed. I had a good reputation as a Scraper Hand and my cut on the TS-32 had everyone rolling in the dirt. Then in the fill, I couldn't hardly judge the length and space needed and and those air/hdy controls and your guess was as good as mine as to where I was going to lay in the load. My Buddy on the fill dozer thought I was screwing with him. It cost me a bottle of Canadian Mist to swap the machine off with another Operator for his 637. Never again...
Job site I'm starting on shortly has new version of those I'll take a pic when I go onsite
graemets3; great pix of the ts-32, try again with the ts-32b thamks for sharing, love scrapers, my blood perculates. ts-24 frank
graemets3, Those TS32's would have to been nado's he did the wang bypass, cheers Leroy
Yeah Leroy these machines were owned by Ian Nadenbush (denbo P/L) and were on the Euroa by-pass as well. he modified the one on the right in the pic with cummins engs but ran out of patience with em when the machine didnt perform up to expectation. His son Bert drove the wheels off the modified one though, he loved it, cheers.
oh man those are Denbo's! bloody hell used to operate the one on the left with the GM's back in currum downs,thought id never seen them again! yes Bert did drove them hard i remeber one time Bert almost got his head knocked off trying lift that bail stuck in the dirt on filling slope BAMMM got him quite good those were the good old days back in the 80's
forgot put this....... Cheers, Willie
There is a TS-32B out at one of the power plants in eastern Nevada that is in really good shape. It's set up with a coal bowl for feeding the power plant. It started as the main scraper and then they retired it for a 657. It needs the bowl lined but other thatn that it is in good shape. The mechanic at the shop said that they will probably never use it again which is too bad. I ran TS-24B's in Idaho and grew partial to Terex green.
Terex TS32B. Would anyone know where I may be able to purchase or obtain a copy of Sales Brochure. Eric Orlemann showed photo in his book Euclid & Terex Machines. They were produced between 1978 and 1980