Hi everyone. As always, sorry if this has been asked already. I'm new to the forum and am still figuring out how to best search previous posts. I have a Dresser TD-7E dozer that needed a engine dipstick. I went to my local dealer and they (after much deliberation) were able to get me one. However, I feel like its way too short. It doesn't reach very far down the tube. Im curious if anyone on here could take the time to get me the dimensions? I don't have my original dip stick. Or point me in the direction of a good online parts source. I've found plenty online for tracks, rollers, major engine parts etc. but no luck with this part. Any help would be greatly appreciated
What I do. 1) Drain oil. 2) Add the recommended quantity of oil. 3) Insert dipstick and mark accordingly. This method does not work if you don't know #2
I think they take 13 qts with the filter, so probably 11 qt in the pan with a 2 qt filter. FWD
Maybe the dealer should have looked for a tube to match it. Didn't the engine have one in it when you bought it ?
Mine is G. It has a Cummins engine. I got a new assembly from Anderson Equipment in Albany? NY. Your dip tube has to be the correct length for your stick. I have a service manual that covers the E. I can find out how much oil it wants. My friend has Covid right now. I don't know for sure where his crawler is, but I could call him.