Overheating problem was the temp gauge. I replaced it with new gauge. Temp goes up to 180. When changing the water pump a bolt broke off in the block. Where can i get a repair manual for a d 239. I need to take off the water calculator to get to the bolt.
I have a manual and could get you copies of the section you need. Not sure how good they will be it's a bound back manual. Let me know and I can get them tomorrow.
Great. I need to looked at the front of the block to see what i need to remove to get to the bolt. Thanks
Question for the "King". Is this a 3.9 cummins? Did the water pump have 2 bolts holding it? I'm not 100% sure but the radiator may have to come off to get full view of the front. The bolt may not be stuck as bad hopefully. It may be possible to weld a nut on to it and back it out or a left hand drill bit works at times. TD7 is a tough little booger.
I was able to make copies at work and attempted to scan them. We are having scanner issues. I expect them to show up by morning. Send me a PM with an email address for me to send them to you once I have them. Jim
I have the requested pages will need a personal e mail address to send them to. The site will not let me attach them. Jim
It would be great to have a copy.
Copies of Manual Hopefully these work out for you. View attachment TD-7&8 engine.pdf
td 7 [email protected]
Rhino, copies look good. I will study them to see if this shade tree mechanic can do the job. Thanks
I have not had any luck removing the crankcase cover. I have all bolts out. I don't know how much pressure to apply to break the crankcase front oil seal. Whats the trick?