Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Td-8E

Bacondonut ยท 2018-06-24 10:46

Good morning guys, new to the forum. I am having a problem with my old dresser dozer. It seems my hydraulic reservoir leaks all of its oil into my rear drive tank. After about an hour the blade will start pulsing like it is low on oil. When I check the dipstick under the seat it is way up. First I thought it was just over filled so I drained it, and got the oil to the correct height on the dip stick. I then filled the hydraulic tank back up and an hour later did it again. Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Replies3
  1. #1Iron@Dirt2018-06-24 13:23

    not sure about yours but on an "H" it would most likely be hydraulic pump seal. if shaft is tight a new seal could fix it.

  2. #2Bacondonut2018-06-24 15:09

    Ok I will look into it.

  3. #3Bacondonut2018-07-01 10:20

    That was most likely the problem, pump seal was in pieces. The shaft was scratched up bad too. I ordered a new pump hopefully that takes care of it.