Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD -8E

antolini ยท 2018-08-08 11:40

What is the procedure for adjusting the clutches on a TD8e? I understand there is an internal adjustment as well as the brake adjustment behind the sprocket. I am putting new brakes on the machine and wondering if I needed to adjust the clutches while I am in the mainframe. The clutches look OK and released OK but the brakes were completely worn out. I noticed that when I pulled the steering lever, I didn't have to pull the lever far at all and the clutches release pretty quick. They don't seem to be slipping but when I turned under power and then released the lever, sometimes I would need to decel before the track would reengage.

Replies1
  1. #1R.D.G0132018-08-13 03:00

    Don't think the TD 8 E had clutches as such but were like the 15 and 20 where they had a single stage planetary steering system. Its a brake that locks a disc brake up that in turn lets the power out to each track, so it would be the brake that is slipping. the 15s & 20s had an adjustment that you could tighten the brake up to stop it slipping, not sure on the 8 E its been years since I had anything to do with one. You need to try and get an operators manual for one or go to Red Power magazine .com there might be someone there with more info. Cheers