Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD Model 14 International Dozer

MuckSavage ยท 2012-09-05 19:12

I have a 70+ year old neighbour who's a retired heavy equipment mechanic. He occassionally gets asked for his opinion on how to fix something. Recently he was helping with a TD Model 14 International Dozer. It's been a while since he's worked on one, and he asked if I could find out how to do two things. Hopefully someone here has the knowledge or manual. Here's exactly what he wrote down: 1 - How to time magneto rotor for #1 cylinder. 2 - Number of degress for injection pump. Can anyone be of assistance? I'm not a mechanic, so I'll have to take any questions back to him. Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1egoman2012-09-06 22:39

    Ask these questions over at redpower.

  2. #2td14steve2012-09-07 05:17

    I'll check my books I should have the info if you still need it. Steve

  3. #3MuckSavage2012-09-07 10:23

    Found that site yesterday. Had trouble creating account, but plan to. Thx.

  4. #4MuckSavage2012-09-07 10:26

    Yes, I still need it. Thanks.

  5. #5MuckSavage2012-09-07 10:31

    If you think scanning the appropriate manual pages is the best approach, I can post my email address. Is it possible to send a private message? Couldn't figure out how (maybe because I'm a Probationary Member). Would rather send the email-address in a PM than post it.

  6. #6td14steve2012-09-07 19:05

    Youcan try and PM me in the mean time I dug out the manual and I'll find the pages and try and scan them into the thread. Steve

  7. #7td14steve2012-09-09 18:59
  8. #8MuckSavage2012-09-10 11:17

    Thank you. I'll take a copy to my neighbour to see if it answers both his questions.

  9. #9td14steve2012-09-11 14:33

    Hope it helps my book was kind of vague on the Fuel system I'll check back through or see if it is in another manual. Steve