Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD14A – broken crank

rmack ยท 2012-03-20 16:04

Hello all I am new to this forum, so far I have read some very interesting posts. I know of a TD14A in a barn (in the UK), apparently the engine crank has snapped. Am i likely to find one of these in the UK or is the US going to be the best option? Here is some pictures of it, I would like to hear your opinions of it. Thanks for looking

Replies3
  1. #1hector gemme2012-03-20 19:09

    Nice old machine and I should have a crankshaft for this machine but am near MONTREAL CANADA

  2. #2rmack2012-03-21 06:47

    Thanks, will investigate further to make sure this is the problem. Are there many parts available for these machines, such as head gaskets, bearings etc? I have spoken to a couple of dealers over here and they seem sceptical over sourcing parts. I also havent come across many of these, are their many in the UK? I expect many were cut up for the scrap man. Once again, thanks hector gemmer.

  3. #3hector gemme2012-03-21 12:01

    Me am still have some used parts for this machine and maybe a new head gasket and new bearings shoud be easy to get in USA