Need some advice. I have a IH TD14A unsure of year. the machine turns fine to the left but not the right. Steering brake works on right, but seems like clutch won't disengage. Does anyone have any ideas on how to free up the steering clutch without disassembling the steering gear? Also this will be a working dozer,so as udercarriage wears, does anyone know if there are any newer/alternative sprockets/chains/etc. that will retrofit this machine? Thanks, Commercial dive:usa
Hi commercial dive.If the steering clutch discs are stuck,I have filled the compartment about half full with diesel fuel to help penetrate & break them loose on my buddys td 20.Run it a few days ,they sould loosten up.About getting new parts I have now idea.Probably have to retrofit ,Measure the track length & gauge then take a tour at your local track supplyer.I had a similiar situation last month.I replaced the bottom rollers on my 16-B fiat.Ended up putting cat D-7 rollers on it as Fiat & Berco no longer carry them.It was allot of fun,Got to pull the track frames & drill new holes for the D-7 rollers Welcome to the forum commercial Is the td 14 painted red?
Thanks for the info td25c,i'll give it a try. Yes it is(was) red, mostly rusty now,ben sitting outside for many years. If i can, i will try to get some help and try to get photo to post. I am about electronicaly modern as the crawler. will let you know results of the upcoming "oil bath".
TD14 starting I also have a question about old td14, but could not ask a new question for some reason. Hope I can piggy back here and get some help. My dozer if farm use only and doesnt get a lot of hours. When I went to start it the other day after having set for a few months,it started on gas fine, but when I switched over to diesel it seemed to have a stuck throttle and would run wide open. Even if I did not engage the diesel lever, as soon as a changed from gas to diesel it would run wide openand I had no control of speed. I took the small cover off the pump, it looked clean and operated freely, cleaned and reassembled, but it did not help. It worked fine when I shut it off in the spring. Any suggestions....Tks ron
:usaTD25C Tried the kero in steering, ran around 1-1/2 days no luck. tried banging into wood pile with clutch pulled back - nothing! Am now getting into clutch comp. pia. cage and winch on dozer major obstacles. removed one lift cyl. to get room to lift seat/tank. any tricks/shortcuts appreciated/what to watch for? thanks. commercial dive
I have a TD-14A that has about 15" of play in the steering clutch levers. Am I going to have enough adjustment in the rods and yoke, or do I have other problems?
Myrtlepoint you should have 4 inchs free movement at top lever stering cluch and 3 inchs free movement on brake pedal and RONM your injection pump governor is freeze inside and Commercial dive some hen the stering cluch are freeze there you better remove them and clean the disc or change them and for the sprocket I could help am still have 2 good one sprocket and a new rim too and am not to far from you .