Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD15C have an Idler Wear Plate?

Brandonfarm ยท 2020-07-14 12:41

I have an early TD15C that I use around the farm. The track chains have started to wear through so I decided to rebuild the undercarriage. I got chains, sprockets, and track adjuster seal kits. While pulling the Idler assemblies I wanted to fix some play in the idler assembly. I was thinking of welding some extra metal to the housing that the idler cylinder fork slid into. When I got it out, I noticed there were bolt holes in top of the housing. There was only one bold left and it had a piece of what looked like a wear plate of some sort on it. Does anyone know what this is? I couldn't find any info on an idler wear kit for the TD15C. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Brandonfarm2020-07-14 13:16

    Pictures

  2. #2Welder Dave2020-07-14 14:37

    Highly possible there are bolt on wear strips. Some machines have them welded on.

  3. #3Brandonfarm2020-07-14 15:33

    There was a bolt in the top side with a piece of something on it but not sure what.

  4. #4Brandonfarm2020-07-14 15:34

    Anyone have a repair manual for a td15c?

  5. #5Cmark2020-07-14 16:05

    Does this help?

  6. #6Brandonfarm2020-07-14 16:08

    That does help. Thank you. Just got to get part numbers for everything now.

  7. #7dozr2020-07-15 16:57

    try finley eq parts in alabama phone number is 205 849 5555 talk to cris or hal they had ones for d5b in stock

  8. #8Welder Dave2020-07-15 22:04

    I think it's Finney not Finley.