Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD6 bucyrus erie loose blade linkage

gusbratz ยท 2013-03-27 11:55

what little bit I ran the TD6 last year showed my how sloppy the pins are in the blade. if I raise and lower it on the garage floor the arms travel about 2 inches before the blade starts to lift off the ground. I pulled the main pin to see if I could drill it out and put a bigger pin in today. then I saw a lot of the play comes from that big round circle disc where it attaches to the back of the blade. now how would I tighten that up? seems like sort of a lost cause when I look at the pivot arms and they are real loose too. is it worth fixing or should I just learn to live with it? seems weird that IH put grease fittings on every silly little thing but not on the blade pivot points...

Replies3
  1. #1td14steve2013-03-27 12:37

    They all seem to get pretty worn after a while,You could build that trunnion up with weld I,ve seen guys do that or just live with it depends on how much you use it. Grease fittings there would just hold the dirt and abrade away even faster. I think some guys used to shave the caps down on them too to gain a little time tightens it up a little bit I guess. Steve

  2. #2gusbratz2013-03-27 15:28

    so air arc out the weld around the metal circle on the blade. that gives access to the trunion inside it so i cam build that up with weld. not sure if im that dedicated. lol just sort of tore this apart to see what it's going to take to fix it.

  3. #3Mactractor2013-03-27 15:46

    Sometimes ya gotta make new components to fix things like that. A TD15 angle blade I was using on my HD11 broke the main pin that the mould board pivots on clean through. Had been used for many years with too much wear and finally had enough I guess.