Hi everyone, I would appreciate your thoughts on potential causes for oil getting in the radiator on a TD70G. It previously had overheated and got a small crack in a cylinder head that caused overheating and pressure in the radiator (which I've heard is a common issue with that engine). I had the cylinder heads rebuilt, and that head repaired in a specialized shop (with oven etc). After a couple weeks of light use and then a half day of heavy use, it overheated with 'milkshakes' coming out of the radiator overflow. When restarted a week later (for less than a minute), the radiator was not showing any pressure (eg cylinder head crack), but fresh oil was flowing in. Does it sound like an oil cooler problem or any other thoughts? Thanks!
FYI, it turned out to be a pinhole size hole in the oil cooler insert.
Good job on following up with the solution to the problem, it may help someone down the road.
Not sure that’s going to be your overheating problem.
Thanks. I've got a slow leak in a waterpump weep hole as well so it looks like I'll be replacing the waterpump next. The temp gauge wasn't working either which didn't help, so if anyone has thoughts on a good kit with sending unit and gauge that's a good fit on the TD70G it'd be good to hear.