Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s the Hitachi equivalent of a CAT 365B?

Cartoondude135 ยท 2025-05-21 09:08

This is a another scene I'm going to reenact in Blender. But... Two parts: One: what is the Hitachi equivalent of a CAT 365B excavator? It has to be that because the CAT 365B here has the muscle to move those bridge beams . Two: what is the boom-mounted equivalent of this LaBounty shear down here on this CAT 245ME? But there is a catch: this shear must be boom-mounted - as in completely replace the whole dipper stick - as it's much stronger to cut through these types of steel beams . And this shear must rotate 360 degrees in cases where it has to roll in loose cables or stringy debris. I almost forgot: The shear body must be that shape like the LaBounty Shear seen on that CAT 245ME as that design protects the shear's jaw cylinder , thereby reducing damage to the shear jaw cylinder should any debris hit the tip of the partially exposed shear jaw cylinder. I already have several 20 ton zero swing Hitachi excavators with breakers ready to go.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-05-21 09:28

    Hitachi ZX690

  2. #2Shimmy12025-05-22 19:32

    I was going to say a 700 due to Caterpillar's propensity to inflate their numbers.

  3. #3skyking12025-05-22 21:23

    Here is your boom mounted swivel shear, a bit bigger on an 800. Part number and all. The guys from Modern Machinery were installing it two years ago. As far as I know they are still working it. Trailer load of old dozers about to meet their de-maker. It is lurking behind them, like shark's fin. Cue the music from Jaws.

  4. #4Cartoondude1352025-05-22 22:06

    Found one already, but thx anyway. But yes, that Volvo looks close enough to the size of a CAT 365B L. And thus, this was the shear I had to seek images for.

  5. #5skyking12025-05-22 23:58

    that 800 is about 5 blocks from the office. It's an odd little scrapping yard in the middle of the burbs now. Their older shear machine is a 450 Johnny. With mobility issues.