New member here with a new (old) TD7E and I need help. Can someone tell me exactly where the transmission suction screen is located and am I looking for a plate to remove or what? (1975 model serial#44100164005664) Also, does anyone have a service manual for this beauty that they could share with me, please! Thanks a bunch.
Some times you can find manuals on E Bay.You might ask at a Kamatsu Dealer about the screen.I think Kamatsu wound bought them out.It was International then Dresser then Kamatsu Dresser.
Thanks, I will give them a call, maybe they still go this far back...........
give the red power team a shot.......... http://www.redpowermagazine.com
Suction filter cover shoud be on right front bottom of transmission ,2 bolts on round plate. Bob
All those machines I've worked on you had to pull the rear belly pan for access. The screen was in the the fitting that the transmission pump suction hose connected to. As I recall the F series machines had a remoter suction filter up next to the pump.
Thanks to all, I was hoping not to have to drop the pan but I cannot see anything from above that looks like the screen. Seems some models had the filter and screen under the floor while my model has the filter in the battery box and the screen on the bottom of the transmission. My luck.
Pan might still have door in it.Run machine up on blocks.Drain plug is next to screen cover, about 7 gallons TDH oil.Replace o-ring on cover. good luck Bob
You are right, there is a door on bottom. Drain plug looks to be several inches to the rear of the door, I will drop the door and look around. Thank you Bob.
I've got a 93 model TD8 G, don't know how this is in comparison to yours. Mine has a metal cone shaped screen in the suction line to transmission pump, mine you have to drop belly pan to get to. There is also a screen inside frame on right side under platform you might also check. Seems like I ran acroos a website with manuals for about anything, I think it was Big Dog Manuals or something like that. Google or Bing dozer manuals and see what you get,good luck.
If you see a Manual on E-Bay be careful.I have seen some used ones the same price or higher than new ones.
Hi Tabasco: I have a chassis service manual, engine service manual and operators manual for the TD7E. If you send me your e-mail address to [email protected] I will let you know how to get a copy. Harry
Can anyone help me with finding the serial number on an old TD-8. There's an aluminum plate riveted below the seat where the operator's left leg would be but it's so worn that nothing is legible. Would there be another one somewhere else that would enable me to find out what model TD-8 I ended up with. Thanks. Mark
Serial Number location Hi: In the operators manual for the TD7E the location of the Chassis Serial Number is stamped on the Serial Number Plate on the left side of the front seat support. It is also located on the upper right hand side near the rear face of the rear main frame. The engine serial number is stamped on a pad on the right hand side of the engine. There is a dip stick and to the left of the dipstick is a filter and just to the left of the filter by the bottom left side there should be a flat plat with the Engine Serail number stamped into it. Hope that helps you out. Harry
Also....if you send me your e-mail address I will let you know how to get a copy of the manuals for the TD7E Harry
Thanks Harry I appreciate your help. It will be this weekend before I get to the ranch to check on the locations of those numbers but you gave me a good place to start. I had already ordered an operators manual for a TD-8C because it was relatively inexpensive but wasn't sure if mine is a C or an E. Email is [email protected] Mark