Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD7G hydraulic winch – plumbing inf needed.

Jaybo ยท 2013-06-05 16:19

Looking at installing a hydraulic winch on my TD7G - Where would I be plumbing the lines in at? I know next to nothing about hydraulic install so need some info here Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1g_man2013-06-05 17:43

    I was going to do a similar thing. I was going to drive a Farmi logging winch with a hydraulic motor. But I found a used root rake and my money was gone. Anyway, I was going to get an open center hydraulic motor control valve with a power beyond sleeve ( see item 9-7975 and 9-7998-PB in SurplusCenter.com ) and put the valve in the line from the pump before any of the blade control valves. Plumb Pump output to motor valve Presure In. Motor valve Power Beyond output to blade control valves where pump used to go. Then Motor valve Out or Tank would have to tee into the dozer tank return line somewhere like that short section of plastic hose in the valve box. Your winch would plumb up to the two work ports on the motor valve. Your Td7G has a hydraulic flow of 13.5 gpm at full throttle, half that at high idle and a system pressure of about 2000 psi. You will need to to know that to select a winch. Any valve you put in must be able to handle at least 13.5 gpm. If you do it let us know how it works and what you did.

  2. #2Jaybo2013-06-05 19:15

    Hmmm I was thinking there was more flow than 13.5 - I'm looking at this winch - here is the data sheet - http://www.warn.com/industrial/winches/images/1484/987558-Product%20Datasheet-80509-SRS%2030XL.pdf Looks like that means I'll lose about 5k in capacity if I read the chart right..

  3. #3g_man2013-06-06 06:35

    The flow rate will affect the speed not the power. The way I read it line speed will probably be in the 5 to 10 feet per minute range depending on layer. The 30,000 lb pull spec is based on a pressure much higher than the TD7G's 2000 psi. If you look on the bottom chart at the 1900 psi line you can see that on your TD7G the pull will be reduced to 22,500 lb max (drum layer) which is 75% of 30,000. So when you look at the other pull numbers by layer above just take 75% of them. Another way to plumb it in, which might be easier than what I described above, is to get a dual diverter valve good for at least 13.5 gpm. Put it in the lines from the angle valve going to the angle cylinders. Put it in the lines right after the valve and before the cylinder lines tee off to go down each side of the dozer. Plumb one side of the diverter to the cylinders lines and plumb the other side of the diverter to your new winch. Your angle control valve will run either the blade angle or the winch depending on which position the diverter valve is in. You can get manual or electric diverters.