Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD7H Dresser dozer need help setting up the brakes.

DIG IT ยท 2015-09-20 19:34

I have a 1993 dresser TD7H dozer and I forgot how to set up the brakes. My manuals don't say anything about how you adjust the brakes. I have did it before but it has been years, and it seemed the first time we tried we adjusted the brakes at the wrong place. Thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1Rooster752015-09-23 07:09

    If it's like my TD8 G adjuster will be behind sprocket. Top left side of sprocket back behind there's a jam nut and bolt. Loosen jam & run in bolt till it stops then back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Run jam nut back down.

  2. #2DIG IT2015-09-23 17:56

    Ok that is what I thought, but when I went to do it someone else said that they didn't think I was doing it right. Thank you

  3. #3g_man2015-09-24 06:48

    Another thing you can (should ? ) do before you turn in the adjusting bolt is go under the floor board and increase the foot brake free play so the pedal goes to the floor easily. This insures the brake disc is in the correct ( most relaxed ) position when you adjust the bolt which sets the brake spacing. If you don't the brake setting may end up to loose. gg