Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Td8c drive issue

Calebre · 2025-01-26 22:24

Hey guys, New to this form. I’m from nc and just bought a 71 td8c. It dosent want to pull in any gears too well. The transmission shifts into every gear and the blade functions are great. When I put it into any gear, sometimes it will go but it dosent push well, the driveshaft just stops spinning. The clutch pressure gauge stays about middle of the OK section on the gauge, but the driveshaft stops spinning. I will be buying the service and operators manual for it here shortly to troubleshoot and test it thoroughly but I am assuming it is the hydraulic torque converter. Does anyone know where I could get one at or is there any way to rebuild them? AMS parts said they can get them and rebuild them before I bought it but haven’t gotten back up with me as I called them Friday and got it today. Does my train of thought track with everyone else and does anyone know any place that carries that for this dozer? Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Replies1
  1. #1g_man2025-01-28 07:06

    If you try RedPower Construction forum there are a lot of IH enthusiasts. They should be able to answer your question. https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/forum/9-ih-construction-equipment/ I agree with looking at the torque converter. I believe the "C" had a separate oil supply for the torque converter but not sure. Do you see a dip stick on it ? gg