Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD9 Tranny are Torque?

2stickbill ยท 2011-12-16 21:29

Got a call tonite.Guys TD 9 acting weird.Told me it pushes good but then acts like you shift to neutral for a few seconds then goes again.Any ideas?Torque Converter or pump maybe.

Replies4
  1. #1250c2011-12-17 16:51

    just a guess but maybe oil over heating or low

  2. #22stickbill2011-12-17 18:54

    He did say he could smell hot oil.But said it still pushes strong.

  3. #3250c2011-12-17 21:54

    its always cheaper to elimate the easy stuff first. Have a look at your oil cooler to make sure your getting good air flow, of course check the oil, a laser temp gun is a cheap way to find a restriction of faulty component. I'm sure there's somebody here that knows td9 if not try over at redpower

  4. #42stickbill2011-12-18 09:02

    That is what I was thinking.I told him to change the filters first off because this guys idea of maintenance is all most never.I installed a new motor last year because he never changed the engine oil and used oil from the dollar store.