Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Telehandler TH580B stabilizer not lower or raise

Olori Joshua ยท 2021-03-17 08:05

please I need your help on what to do to fix this problem. The s/n prefix is SLH. Attached is the machine configuration. Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1Txhayseed2021-03-17 15:39

    Both or just one ? Did you check the toggle switches? They are premium chineseum and like to fail or break. Not sure how far you got into trouble shooting but would assume you did the basics ? Fuses ect ?

  2. #2Txhayseed2021-03-17 16:02

    Also is this happening only when boom is elevated or even if boom in retracted/ lowered ?

  3. #3Olori Joshua2021-03-18 02:31

    The both. The left and the right. I have carried out the basic troubleshooting. no active code related to the stabilizer. The switches and the fuses are ok but still not working. there is one thing I monitored on the status that I don't know where to turn it ON. "STABILIZER ENABLE STATUS IS OFF" Ii need to turn it ON but don't know from which switch. Attached is the monitored status. thansk.

  4. #4Olori Joshua2021-03-18 02:39

    It's happening even when the boom is fully retracted and fully lowered. One thing i saw on the status i monitored on CAT ET is that the "STABILER ENABLE STATUS IS OFF" I need help on how i can turn it on thanks. Attached is the monitored status.

  5. #5Txhayseed2021-03-18 19:57

    Did this start all of the sudden ?

  6. #6Olori Joshua2021-03-19 03:08

    No. it used to seize but now it completely stopped.

  7. #7Olori Joshua2021-03-19 10:20

    Thank you all for trying to help. I fixed the problem today after 2days troubleshooting. the problem was the limit switch of the boom. The machine ECM has to get signal from the sensor that the boom is completely retracted before it can enable the frame leveling and stabilizers. The sensor is good but the gap between it and the limit bar was too wide, I had to put another metal bar in between and I saw the signal LED blinked then I operated the switches and voila they started working and when checked the status again they tuned ON. I hammered the bar close to the sensor and that fixed the problem. for the stabilizers to work: 1. make sure the boom is fully lowered and 2. it's fully retracted Attached is the later status AND the sensor schematic.

  8. #8Txhayseed2021-03-20 00:43

    Cool deal. Glad you got it figured out and it was something you could fix yourself

  9. #9Olori Joshua2021-03-20 02:01

    Thanks