Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tell me the cons with this odd built trailer

69zfarmer ยท 2009-03-02 15:11

I need a pintle hitch trailer to haul my backhoe with.I will only use it 2 or 3 times a year and for very short trips.I found a Mustang brand 20' flat w/5' dovetail thats rated at 28,000 lbs. for $1,500 that needs a floor and probally brake work.It has 8-8 lug rims that look like what comes on 7000 lb axles.The tires and rims are about 12" apart and have 2 sets of leaf springs in between them there is no axle tube in between left side and right.there is 8 brakes on it one per wheel.What kinds of problems will i have with this trailer set up like this?

Replies1
  1. #1pemolitor2009-03-02 18:24

    I have three of that style trailers and they have all been great. Mine have the dayton style wheels. The two downsides are changing tires and as you noticed twice as many brakes to replace.