Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Telsta 28D Boom Won’t Retract

UnorthodoxCreat ยท 2016-10-20 09:56

Hope I'm in the most appropriate section here. I have a fairly new to me 1996 Ford F450 with a Telsta 28D boom that has started malfunctioning today. I can't get the boom to retract from the bucket controls. All other functions work fine at the bucket and on the body. I thought it was the switch. It is this style switch. http://www.alliedelec.com/labinal-l..._uRnGkdMOtT_4sxWSG-hwWHtWMs_BYOgNGhoCt4Lw_wcB I switched the left and right wires that attached to the ON terminals hoping then the boom would go in but not out and it would confirm the switch needed replaced but it didn't change anyhting. It still will extend but not retract. Any ideas what my problem is? I'm pretty mechanically inclined but bucket trucks are totally new to me so I'm just learning how they work.

Replies2
  1. #1UnorthodoxCreat2016-10-20 10:53

    To update I switched the up/down switch with the in/out switch and it didn't change anything. The problem doesn't seem to be in the switch. Must be somewhere else but I'm not sure where to start.

  2. #2mikebramel2016-10-20 11:33

    If you have power coming into the switch, and when the switch is activated you have power coming out of the switch, but nothing still at the coild you probably have a broken wire or bad connection