I have a TL240 Takeuchi that the temperature gauge is not working I replaced the sending unit , but this had no effect. The needle never moves from the bottom of the gauge I would appreciate any help on this problem . The machine has about 1300 hours on it.
Which sensor was replaced? Y119266-49350 SENSOR, THERMO? My TL150 machines have a sensor and a sender in the gooseneck. One for the engine protection and the other for the gauge. I don't have schematic on that one, but, if two are present, disconnect one and turn the key on and note gauge needle. Now, with key on, ground the wire that you disconnected. Take note of needle position. If you're on the correct wire, disconnected swings the needle one way and grounded swings it the other way. If the first one you try doesn't yield that, try the other. On my TL150, yellow w/ black is the shutdown sensor. And yellow w/ red is the gauge driver sender. If your TL140 is same, youll wanna test, like above, the yellow w/ red.
Thanks for the info. I did not realize there were two sensors. The one I replaced is the Y119266-49350 . I now see there is another one that has 2 wires kind of hidden. I will check that one.
Y129927-44900 THERMOMETER Unplugging should swing needle one way, and short the two pins should swing it the other way. For a jumper, I'd use a 194 bulb with the legs extended out. Pretty sure that you can just straight jumper it, but...I only have Takeuchi with one wire senders.