Anybody know how I can fix the oil temperature sender on my Case 580SE? I have tested the electrical circuit and gauges as per service manual and they work just fine. I did a online search for the part number D 6544 but that didn't turn up anything. Or if somebody knew where I could buy it that'd be great also! Thanks
Just guessing here but could you be missing one digit off that part number? Looking around for Case temp sender I find one listed as used in engine coolant and transmission oil temp as a D65446. A little more digging and find that "D65446" number listed for your tractor. See item #20 in this link: http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-58...LE-ELECTRICAL-CIRCUIT-0WbS/?&o=1#partdiagrams
You're right. Sorry about that. Actually found it here for $20 http://www.wellingtonimplement.com/buy-parts/CaseIH-Part-D65446-SENDER-922394/ . Thanks! Do you know where I can find the part number for the engine coolant thermostat?
Go to the link I gave you from Coleman and Look around in the section that says "PART CATEGORIES". Look under "Engine" and then "Cylinder Head, Covers" I believe you will find it there.
Found it! thanks a lot, Kshansen!