Hey everyone - I am doing some R&D I wanted to see if someone here could weigh in. I am working on a small 3D printed insert that slips over the pilot plungers under the joysticks. The material we want to use is PLA and the topic of heat came up. I plan to take some laser temp readings when things warm up. But in the meantime, do some of you have experience measuring temps in that area or have thoughts on max temperatures to be expected at the plungers under the joysticks? It is a longshot but wanted to throw this out there. Thanks!
On some of my mini excavators, they get get hot enough to burn you.
They won't get any hotter than the system hydraulic oil gets. Anything warmer than around 240 F will usually bring an alarm up.
Thank you for commenting in!
Thanks! I appreciate the input!