Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 2005 PC220LC-7L pattern change

vbbuilders ยท 2026-02-15 01:14

Recently picked up a 2005 Komatsu PC220LC-7L and I am looking to change the operating pattern to backhoe. I have had no luck with the dealers getting a diagram and instructions on what lines to swap. Hoping someone on here might have some insights on how to swap lines as I am nearly incompetent with the current pattern having used the backhoe pattern for 15 years. This machine does not have the lever and thumb screw setup for swapping patterns and requires the lines to be swapped. I attached pics of the valve control block and a sample diagram of what I think the diagram might look like...Thank you much!

Replies3
  1. #1cuttin edge2026-02-17 10:44

    Unless someone that might know answers, you will just have to start tracing lines. It would just be boom and stick functions right

  2. #2John C.2026-02-17 21:21

    I have a drawing showing the Dash 6 pilots on the shuttle valve block. It might be the same on your Dash 7 or may not. You will have to trace the hoses from the shuttle to the main valves to check it out.

  3. #3Shimmy12026-02-17 21:33

    You won't be changing you pattern by moving any of the lines in your pictures, like John C says you need to find the pilot line block.