Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex 72-31

Mirage100 ยท 2021-07-10 15:32

I am lookin at buying a Terex 72-31 loader. The owner says it is in good shape accept the steering valve. My question is how hard is it to remove so It can be rebuilt. Is the valve hard to rebuild? Will a hydraulic shop rebuild it and about how much. Thanks I am a new guy here.

Replies3
  1. #1DMiller2021-07-10 16:46

    Look around for Terex Distributors, ASK them what if anything is still available for these as IIRC the model was discontinued mid 80s and may not be much if anything out there anymore. Had my share of Orphan Brand Equipment, you do not need to travel that path. Detroit Diesel, two stroke, model specific Allison Auto Trans, also parts acquisition concerns. Will add, is a operation outside Boise, General Gear, used HE Scrap Yard, give them a call see what they know as soft spots on these antiques.

  2. #2Mirage1002021-07-10 17:23

    Thank you D. I will give the a call on Monday. I know this is a hard question to answer but is there a place a small land owner can buy a piece of used equipment at a good price? Like 20 grand.

  3. #3DMiller2021-07-10 17:25

    Check Lease Yards or Equipment Trader magazine(Online), can look thru close to you ads by adding zip code. General Gear also sell some machines, talk it over with them.