Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex 760b backhoe driveline

Vuki wilson · 2023-06-30 14:38

I’ve had my backhoe since 2003 new and have had numerous problems with the driveline coming out have bought all new parts and still have not fixed the problem I’ve even machined the emergency brake rotor to except a winged joint and it spit it out also. My next indeavor is to machine a 4 bolt flange on the emergency brake rotor and put unbolts thru the front yoke. Anyone else ever have a problem Etherton driveline?

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-07-01 00:14

    Unfortunately they're aren't too many owners of the 760's on the forum but someone might still have a solution for you. Is the emergency brake not releasing and that's causing your problems?

  2. #2Vuki wilson2023-07-01 01:39

    the emergency brake isn’t hooked up and hasn’t been for sometime. I know that Terex has had complaints about this because the engineering dept told me that if I fixed it to let them know what I did to rectifie it. I went to a reputable driveline guy today and when I showed him what I had the first thing he said to me was get rid of the junk joints I’ve been using from NAPA and he gave me some NAPCO UJOINTS AND THE RETAINER STRAPS. WHEN I PUT THEM ON I NOTICED THE STRAPS ACTUALLY PULLED THE CAPS DOWN , unlike napas straps! So I finishe a whole day without problems and checked them out at the end of the day and the first time that I have checked them and the weren’t lose. He also told me to clock the ujoints at 45 degrees instead of 90 that way it will not get the little bind when it goes around (hard to exsplaine)

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-07-01 01:58

    Sounds like you lucked out and found the right person that knows his stuff and has the heavy duty parts you need. U-joints need to be oriented a specific way but I guess there is more than one way. I have heard of driveshafts binding. Hopefully your problems are solved.