Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex Artic haul trucks

rino1494 ยท 2007-01-03 21:58

We just bought a 2766C. We got it at a good price. There are some small repairs that we need to do to get it to our standards. For those that have them or run them, how do you like them and anything that I should look out for ??

Replies12
  1. #1Countryboy2007-01-03 22:00

    I don't have any experience with those but would like to see some pics when you get a chance. :yup

  2. #2rino14942007-01-06 22:10

    Geez, nobody runs them ??

  3. #3RonG2007-01-07 05:20

    Jason,I am curious whether or not you bought a D5 or not after that long reply I sent you in response to your private message a few weeks ago. Apparently you didn't get it as I can't seem to get a reply from you.Ron G

  4. #4rino14942007-01-07 10:07

    I e-mailed ya Ron.

  5. #5King of Obsolete2007-01-07 10:27

    can you posted a picture, my brother in-law just got rid of his because of a $6500.00 little shaft in the trans that kept breaking on him. the trans was the down fall of the rock truck. thansk

  6. #6rino14942007-01-07 11:06

    We hope to get in on Monday. We wired the money on Friday and can't get the truck until everything is final. We are dealing with lawyers b/c it belonged to a guy who died. So his estate is being sold by the lawyers. I'll try and get a pic.

  7. #7King of Obsolete2007-01-07 12:17

    ok checked my notes and the brother in-laws rock truck is a 1992 3066 6x6 rock truck.art number 15266934 cover (which is a shaft with a cover for $6500.00) it had a cummins engine and everything was excellent except the trans. it was an odd ball one. thansk

  8. #8JBL2007-01-07 15:24

    The 2566 we ran had an air cooled duetz engine in it. I don't know how many hours the thing actually had on it but the engine blew after a few months of buying it. That was about the only problem we had with truck besides your common things like hoses, tires etc....

  9. #9rino14942007-01-07 15:27

    Ours is a 96' with a LT-10 Cummins. One of our competitors has a couple of them and runs them hard with no major problems.

  10. #10Wulf2007-01-07 15:58

    Are they ZF transmissions in these trucks guys?

  11. #11mflah872007-01-07 18:22

    ZF makes a nice tranny. I know a few people who have Terex rock trucks and as far as I know they haven't had any problems with them.

  12. #12King of Obsolete2007-01-07 18:25

    will ask the brother in-law what trans was in his rock truck that caused so much problem. he is building a winter road right now so when he phones in on the satilite phone, i'll ask. thansk