Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex/ASV PT-100 Aux Hydraulic Relays Schematic Issue

L3akaL3 ยท 2024-08-11 11:06

I thought I brought this up before but can't find a thread. With the key off, my Aux Hyd Relays are staying energized at all times which is draining my battery after a few days. I have 12V on pin 86 of the relays which according to the schematic, I should not have. No power comes out of the relays since Pin 30 has no power to pass to Pin 87 so no Hydraulics are actually being turned on. The Low Flow switch in the cab ohms correct according to the diagram and is not shorted. All pins read open except pins 4 & 6 which according to the start safety diagram, makes sense though it doesn't actually specify i, just implies it via circuit flow. Here is the weird part. Pins 1 & 3 on that switch have no voltage even though according to the schematic, are the other ends of the wires that are hot at the relays. Say What???? To add to the confusion, if I remove the relays, no power is sent to the starter even though according to the schematic, the relays are not involved in any way in the starter safety circuit. Anyone have a better wiring diagram or knows this circuit from past experience? Here are my simplified diagrams from the Schematic that is cut and paste to just focus on the Aux Hyd Relays and the Start Safety Circuit Here is the full diagram I used to make these

Replies3
  1. #1L3akaL32024-08-13 21:40

    Chased all the cab wires and either my machine is ALL messed up or else diagram going around is wrong. I verified that the Aux Hydraulic relay pin 86 is not connected to either the low flow hydraulic switch or the momentary switches on the right joystick like the wiring diagram claims. Furthermore, as per my other thread about the safety switches having 12V when off, I traced the wires through the cab harness and the diagram shows only 2 wires mixed with other stuff on the main harness but my machine has a separate plug with 4 wires labeled "Safety" . Two of the wires have numbers close to what the diagram shows but mine are 201-A65 instead of 200-A65 like the diagram says and 201-A142 vs 200-A142 I found a post where someone had a problem like this and he posted a number for ASV support and they used schematics from two different machines to fix his problem. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say.

  2. #2L3akaL32024-08-19 17:18

    Okay, MEGA IMPORTANT!!! Do NOT use the PT-100 Schematic going around if you have a PT-100 Forestry!!!!!!!!!! They are wired completely different from each other! There are inaccuracies in both but major points are generally right. I will post a corrected one in a master thread when I am done. Fix for my aux hydraulic relay problem is I didn't have one. What is labeled as left Aux Hyd Relay and Right Aux Hyd Relay are actually the seat relay and safety relay on a Forestry model. Forestry Aux relays hang on the backside of the fuse box between the reverse fan relay and glow plug relay. What is labeled as the A/C fuse on non forestry models is the safety fuse on forestry models. I thought I had 3 problems and all this time I only had one that I will probably have fixed tonight. I probably have a failed safety circuit capacitor that shorted and is back feeding 12v from the fuse to the ground though the safety relays. I wasted weeks chasing 3 problems using wrong wiring diagrams when I only had one simple problem the whole time.

  3. #3L3akaL32024-08-21 21:39

    Safety circuit relay problem appears to be caused by the Safety circuit capacitor. It appears to be good but it is definitely putting voltage on pin 85 of the Seat relay. When I disconnect it, the voltage goes away. It's reading 3200 microfarads and ohms at 5K ohms so it doesn't appear to be shorted but it is the key. I had a heck of a time finding it. For those that want to know, it is zip tied to the wire bundle underneath the fuse box. It looks like this....