I have looked about swapping the control pattern and could not find anything so thought that I would put down what I have done for someone else. Recently purchased a Terex TX-5519 and did not like that the tilt function was forward and back and the telescope was side to side. After studying the hydraulic schematics, I determined that by swapping the pilot controls on the main valve bank it was possible. I swapped X2 with X3 and Y2 with Y3. This changed the functions however the directions were reversed and there was not enough length on the pilot hoses or the valve to cylinder hoses to change the extend/retract. I found that by changing the hoses at the body to boom area that that solved the problem. I swapped #1 with #2 and #5 with #6 going from front to back. This made the tilt function the same a my Bobcat with ISO controls and the boom would telescope out when pushing forward and retract pulling back. This was a basically easy job once you got down to it. You do have to disconnect and pull back the 6 valve to cyl. lines starting from the front. The aux circuit can stay attached. Highly Recommend blocking the boom arm as you have to disconnect that line set first and the arm has to be up to get to the valve bank. The pilot check valve held but never trust them completely. My machine is an open cab and it was easiest to remove the screen and work from the seat. But it can be done from the front. My machine is a 2004 Terex TX-5519 but I checked the 2007 Genie GTH-5519 manual and that part of the schematic is the same. I have been happy with the change as muscle memory doesn't have to change when jumping from the Bobcat to the Telehandler.
No replies yet.