Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex hr 1.6 bucket removal

Clayton Wright · 2019-07-12 23:25

Looked and looked and can’t find any videos or anything of bucket removal on my terex hr 1.6 quick coupling system. It acts the the center pin spins back and forth a little but the ear pins don’t pull all the way in not sure what’s wrong any ideas

Replies9
  1. #1Bls repair2019-07-13 16:19

    Photo are always welcome (lots)

  2. #2Ronsii2019-07-13 16:35

    There was a guy on here a few weeks ago... with the same problem. I posted some pics of the manual showing the tool for activating the QC and where it should be stored on the machine.

  3. #3Clayton Wright2019-07-13 16:43

    does that top pin literally just spin? To release the two pins holding the bucket

  4. #4ITW2019-07-15 08:28

    I guess it's not an S connection? Picture would help a lot. This is the connections I have on my machines:

  5. #5Clayton Wright2019-07-15 09:06

    There’s some photos. One guy sent me a link that it’s suppose to have a tool but I just need know if it’s suppose to spin to pull the two outer pins in. Cause if so it’s just stuck

  6. #6ITW2019-07-17 06:09

    Wow that was an new one, but I would think spinning it is the way to go, but also notice that you don't have any force on the pins, have the bucket curled in, so it's not hanging on the pins. My connections is also hard to open if I have the bucket curled to far out.

  7. #7Clayton Wright2019-07-17 07:34

    That makes sense how u explained it I will most deffinatly give that a try

  8. #8michael Griffith2021-06-02 16:41

    Any ides how to find the pics you posted? Thanks

  9. #9Savage Geek 8082021-06-12 06:13

    I have the same excavator. You just need to put the tool in the middle and spin clock wise to undo the bucket. Make sure you place the bucket lightly on the ground first to relieve pressure. I actually need to tap the tool with a sledge while pulling to get it to break free. I hope that helps