Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex mini drive motor sticking open

mike spinhirne ยท 2023-09-13 13:54

I have a Terex TC37 mini. Just had new tracks installed. Brought it back to the job site and with-in 2 hours had the right side drive motor stick open in reverse. Controls do not control drive motor at all. Control valves on the foot control seem functional with no apparent sticking. this machine has pressure sensors on the controls hydraulic lines to indicate direction and right vs left function. I have scoured the hydraulic and electrical schematics trying to determine what might have gone wrong. Discussed with mechanic at dealer and no one seems to know how to diagnose. Cant load the machine to have inspection at dealer. Has anyone experienced this with a machine before?

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2023-09-14 04:06

    Good day I have no information for the 37 however I have limited information for the 35 which has mechanical operated spools for the tracks. Assuming your machine is the same, I would suggest that you compare spool movement for both crawler (Tracks). If you have any information relating to the 37 please post here. I will try to help out some more. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2mike spinhirne2023-09-14 11:37

    Thanks for the reply. The two machines are very similar. Looking at the wiring diagrams for each, there is minimal difference. Both seem to employ pressure switches at the control valve for travel direction on each side (4 in total) for forward and rear movement. It looks like pressure switch sends signal to distribution valve assembly that then directs high pressure hydraulic to the respective drive motor for the correct direction of travel. The control valve seems to function with no apparent sticking. I will need to break that control box open to check to see if a valve is plugged or sticking. That is my next step unless someone feels the issue is electrical and has to do with the pressure switch